1) REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION - All parents/guardians must complete the following forms and return them to camp NO LATER THAN JUNE 1st. For those registering after June 1st, all required paperwork is due at time of registration:
- Emergency Form (Supplemental Information in Online Account)
- Camper Health History Form (Supplemental Information in Online Account)
- Handbook Acknowledgment (Supplemental Information in Online Account)
Forms are available on through your online account when you register.
2) CAMP VISIT - For those families wishing to visit camp before opening day, staff will be available on the Friday before camp starts. Feel free to stop by for a tour and to meet some of our terrific staff members. For first time campers, a pre-camp visit often helps ease anxiety over starting something new.
3) HOURS OF OPERATION - Adventure Kids is open from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm. You will be charged $1.00 per minute per child for every minute past 5:30 that you are late. This should be paid directly to the staff member that stayed past closing to care for your child. We use Adventure Kids’ clock to verify time.
4) PICK-UP PROCEDURES - Parents/Guardians are primarily responsible for picking children up from camp. If other arrangements are made, the Director or Assistant Director must be notified with the name of the individual picking up your child. Please remind the person picking up your child that they will be required to show proper identification.
5) SIGN-IN/SIGN-OUT - Parents/Guardians will be required to sign your camper in and out daily on the AK computer using your unique PIN code.
6) MEDICATION - All medication must be in their original containers and be clearly labeled with the child’s full name. Please make sure to indicate if refrigeration is needed. A medication form must be completed prior to the distribution of any medication. A copy of this form is available from any camp counselor.
7) MEDICAL EMERGENCY PROCEDURE - We adhere to Delaware Requirement # 220 regarding accidents. This policy states:
“When an accident or injury occurs to a child during the hours of care, a center shall take the necessary emergency action to protect the child from further harm and shall notify the child’s parent(s) or guardian(s). In addition, the center shall maintain an injury report for each incident in the child’s file. If the accident requires immediate medical attention, the staff will call 911."
8) FIELD TRIP - Adventure Kids does not provide optional childcare (instead of attending the field trip) on field trip days. Campers are not required to attend the trips, but weeks do not become prorated based on that decision. Field trips are an additional fee that covers fees involved in the campers attendance.